Show me the money!
This section provides a discussion of the G2 product pricing model.
It’s very informative but please understand there are several reasons why we have historically not published our precise fees:
- Rates are confidential.
- Rates vary in directly with the complexity of every engagement.
- Rates vary inversely with the duration of a project.
Because of these and other reasons, G2 traditionally provided price quotes after we assessed the client’s needs. Though that may still the case under certain conditions, we’ve taken a leap and established a fixed rate fee schedule for our Alpha product and a suggested baseline for our other products. As a result, we now have a three tiered pricing framework that directly parallels our products. Beautiful!
- G2 Alpha – This Subscription product offers five levels of service and therefore has five fixed annual rates.
- G2 Beta – This Ad Hoc Consulting product provides a single baseline rate that may either be negotiable or converted into the Alpha product for fee discounts.
- G2 Gamma – This Executive Staffing product also has it’s own baseline fixed per diem rate. And like the Beta, may be converted to an Alpha, if requested by the client.
Typically, pricing for the Beta and Gamma products are slightly higher than the annual Alpha rates. The reason for this is simple, there’s an inverse relationship between retained time and price. The more time your secure, the lower our rate. What’s important to note is that even if you are interested in Beta or Gamma products, the Alpha section of our price table may still be useful. Why you ask? Because if the time you require approximates the time provided in one of the five Alpha levels, then it would be cost-effective to consider an Alpha product. It’s therefore helpful to see all products lined-up.
The next page provides the product price table. Before reviewing it, allow us to make some important clarifications:
- To work around publishing our actual fee schedule, the Price Table intentionally cites “$1X” to “$5X” prices in proportion to actual fees. To determine our subscription rates, all you need to know is how G2 defines “X”. For example, if “X” = $5,000, then the Alpha-1 would cost $5,000/year (“$1X”) while the Alpha-5 would cost $25,000. This is merely an example to illustrate that regardless of the value of “X”, the Alpha-5 (“$5X”) product is five times the price of the Alpha 1. Hence, with five Alpha pricing levels, we’re sure to have a product to satisfy virtually any mHealth or Health I.T. organization!
- If you’d like our precise rates, please contact G2 and we’ll provide a URL to a private (password protected) rate table.
- As our rates are comparable to “a good attorney” — you could also estimate our yearly fees if you’d like.
- When we determined the cost of each level, instead of using a fixed interval of time per level (say, one month, two months…) and then calculating a yearly fee, we took the opposite approach and started with fixed annual baseline prices. Once we established an annual fee for each level, we backed into the amount of time each would provide. This may explain the uneven number of days provided with every level. Trust us, there were many sound reasons for this decision.
- Another point we’d like to make is that even though we used annual rates as our base, each level still approximates various intervals of time. e.g., The Alpha-1 (“$1X”) provides about a week of analyst time, the Alpha-2 (“$2X”) – about 2 weeks, etc. Should you like to retain G2 for a fixed period of time that does not parallel our rate table, please let us know and we’ll provide a custom price.
- By “Free Hours” we mean time provided by G2 that is beyond the stipulated figures. Free means free. You can use these hours anyway you choose! Just pick one of the nine G2 services and let us know your need. We’ll figure out the rest!
- “Unlimited Analyst access” technically means unlimited access within the allotted time for your product level.
- One last point – as we’ve stated before, our rates are far more affordable than competitor fees. Hence G2 provides the same (or better) quality services at half the rate! If you estimate the savings (or review the full table) – you’ll realize our discounts are quite significant.
- For more details, please hover over the dotted lines of the price table to pop-up a tool tip.
Alpha product incentives
It’s important you understand the logic behind our pricing model. We intentionally incorporated a number of “incentives” into each level. For example, when we move from the Alpha-1 to the Alpha-5 product, as the annual price increases there is a commensurate:
- Decrease in the billable rate.
- Decrease in the required deposit.
- Increase in the number of hours of analyst access.
- Increase in the renewal discount.
- Increase in the number of net days for payment.
- Increase in the number of “Free” hours of G2 time.
- Increase in the G2 discount.
Other incentives for purchasing a high level subscription include the provision of month-end and year-end reports. And don’t forget the aforementioned perks, discounts and freebees!
We hope you agree, not only are G2 prices extraordinarily competitive, but we provide further discounts and “perks” as you subscribe to more sophisticated products.